Monday, January 30, 2006

Sigh

Sooooo...I thought being sick at school sucked...let me tell you, being sick in India is even worse. I'm teetering on the edge of completely fine and utterly miserably just waiting for a wind to come along and blow me in either direction. I'm sitting here just hoping it's toward getting better and not getting worse. All I want to do right now is sit in a hot bathtub and enjoy a little bit of music, and warm water. God I wish that there was enough hot water here to actually get warm. I know I shouldn't be complaining because I could be a lot worse off...at least I have some hot water right? But I still can't get over the fact that I'm in India and yet I'm constantly so cold that my hands burn and I fall asleep each night curled in a ball around my nalgene that is filled with boiling water.
Today was seriously just blah day. I woke up with a head cold and a runny nose. All day long I've been tired and miserable, but not sick enough to really make a big deal out of it. Classes were long, the walk back up the mountain from the city seemed a lot more tedious then it normally does, and all I want to do is go for a run tomorrow but I can't even catch my breath walking, let alone running.
WOW! That was a ramble if I've ever heard one. I really need to stop doing that...this place isn't bad at all. It's actually quite amazing. I think I'm just struggling because I want to get out and enjoy all the things that are around me right now but at the same time I just want to curl up in a blanket and read a book. I know that I'm going to be living here for a couple of months, so I dont have to do everything right away, but I'm just afraid that I'm going to wake up one day and it's all going to be over and then I'm going to look back and wish I took advantage of the days that I had off.
On a completely different note...I saw this awesome sign today on the side of the road. It said, "We didn't inherit this world from the past, we borrowed it from the future." Isn't that great! What a nice way to say "Take care of this place damnit...there are people who are coming after us!" Ok, I'm not making any sense right now, so I think it may be time for me to call it a night. Too bad I probably wont be able to sleep cause I can't even lay down without getting even more congested...AHHH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home